partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

lines
i dont know exactly what i am, i've got sociopathic tendencies but i prefer to think of them as living in a state of departure. i'm not really present. the issue now comes in with being in a relationship with a traditional "empath". i'm fond of this person, they're lovely: resourceful, distracting, troubled. but they're trying to get beyond the skin and the veneer. trying to get me to give my "self". it's frustrating, the urge to respond with callousness and malice is strong. so to you i ask: how can i give this person the illusion of what they want and keep things linear? how do i quell this urge?

Re: partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

Simply tell them that you will do as they ask, then pretend to be emotionally closer to them than you have been. Fake emotion if you have to, just come off as sincere.  After a while you can drop the act and they will still be content because they will perceive you as being closer to them now and simply that you don't have any more to show at the moment.

Re: partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

Re: partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

Oh, You Know
Kao.. I was actually assuming they were asking because mirroring had already failed. I guess I just think too far ahead, or perhaps give people too much credit at times. Lol. Mirroring is a fundamental law of sociopathy, it is second nature so I wasn't even considering that mirroring wasn't already being done. Silly mistake if I am wrong.

Re: partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

Re: partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

Oh, You Know
Who me? Lol. Of course not, Kao. I do not believe anyone on here has attacked me or tried to offend me in any way. I suppose my aggression comes off as "provoked," but I am simply an overly assertive person and everything I say holds conviction as if I feel passionately about what I say. Perhaps it is a learned behavior to mask the fact that I simply do not care about anything at all?

I have found your insight and opinions to be quite interesting and knowledgeable the whole time I have been here. I'm sorry if my response came off as defensive, but I was actually saying I felt kind of dumb for not thinking to mention that myself.

And I believe you are referring to the words between Solo and I. To clear it up, the only reason I have "attacked" (educated) him so actively is that he refuses to accept that I am trying to educate him, not attack him. Admittedly, I could've spared a few cheap shots at his character while correcting him. Clearly he is not a sociopath. I had attempted to show him why he is not. That's as far as my concern goes. He has not offended me and I wasn't being defensive or paranoid. I am aware he sincerely believes he is a sociopath, and is simply trying to defend his position.

All of that said, I am only paranoid when it comes to my victims who have yet to make that final step into complete obedience. Although, considering that last step is the most critical and also the most tricky, I believe that paranoia is justified and it helps to keep me sharp until the step is taken. I am indifferent to everything else.

Re: partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

Re: partener trying to slide under the skin, how is this fixed?

Oh, You Know
You are absolutely right. Generally I am much more open to letting people make their own decisions, but in this particular case I felt it was necessary to speak up. This forum could quite possibly be most peoples only look into sociopathy. If they desire to understand us, which is their right, then they should be able to have as clear a look as possible. Anyone who doesn't know anything about sociopathy would see his contrasting personality and be confused as to what sociopathy even is.

Ultimately, however, I felt the same way you do, which is why I've quit bothering to call him out on it and more or less just filter out his "I'm a self hating sociopath" remarks to find out the type of person he actually is, and decide the worth of his contributions without bias. The beauty of indifference is that you are only judgmental so long as you feel like being so.

You are also right about analyzing people. It is oft important to make them feel comfortable so that you may find out what you want to know, more or less feeding the conversation and letting them lead. However, some things cannot be tested through the idle stance and must be provoked; like determining how easily they are provoked.