new to the forum

fakeplasticlove
Just wanted to say hello.  I'm new to the forum but have been checking out this site periodically for some time.  I'm a defense attorney and have encountered several sociopaths throughout my career.  I'm generally interested in this type of personality and interested in understanding sociopathic tendencies and characteristics so that I might better represent my clients.  One thing that has always surprised me is that many people have such a difficult time identifying sociopaths and/or recognizing when they are being manipulated by a sociopath.  I have been in conferences or mediations where a sociopath manages to manipulate nearly everyone in the room.  I find the manipulation completely transparent, but maybe this is because I'm overly skeptical of everyone.  Or, perhaps, most people are naive, vulnerable, and easy to manipulate.

At any rate, I wanted to say "hello" and that I appreciate this site and forum.  I'll probably have specific questions in the future because, as I indicated, I am interested in learning more about the sociopathic personality.

Re: new to the forum