how do sociopaths view animals?

Vosdeboss

Hi, I'm curious to know how sociopaths interact with animals. Stereotypically, sociopaths treat animals like garbage. They dissect cats and dogs simply out of curiosity, or b/c they think it's fun. Often times, serial killers are rumored to have tortured and killed countless animals prior to killing their human victims (I know not all serial killers are sociopaths, I'm just throwing this stereotype out there). Now obviously, this is an exageration. Any person with a reasonable education and an open mind will come to realize that sociopaths are not always evil. But, if you are a sociopath, and you can't empathize with humans, I find myself wondering how you feel about animals?

I've read the posts on here about "sociopaths and love". Clearly, it seems that you can love other humans, but just in a selfish way. Likewise, do sociopaths sometimes feel the same way about animals? Do sociopaths have pets that they treat with respect and dignity? If so, why do sociopaths keep pets, what is in it for them?

Really, I'm not trying to judge anyone, I just want to how most sociopaths treat animals. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: how do sociopaths view animals?

Norm chickie
Hey Random,

Here is are my opinions:

When u say,*** (I know not all serial killers are sociopaths, I'm just throwing this stereotype out there). ***
You have it the wrong way. Not all sociopaths are serial killers. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the other term for a sociopath a psychopath?

In my opinion, if a socio owns an animal and takes good care of it then to me it is kind of like the whole gollum and his precious ring analogy..lol..that is the only analogy I can think of. I guess they feel a strong sense of ownership over the animal just a they do their human pets..I am guessing..?

Re: how do sociopaths view animals?

Norm chickie
Argh me and my typos. I am thumbing this on my iPhone and I always zoom along too fast.

Re: how do sociopaths view animals?

Norm chickie
I like bring down the level of intelligence soo much, srysly sry guys :'( I'm totally fucking retarded.

Re: how do sociopaths view animals?

UKan
I treat animals like I treat people.

Re: how do sociopaths view animals?

Oh, You Know
I'll second UK.  There is literally no difference between animals and humans.  You know that humans are animals right?  We are a part of the animal kingdom, mammals to be specific.  I have to wonder if empathy or pride is what makes humans feel they are different than the rest of the living things on this planet.  It is probably some imbalance of both.  However, sociopath see no distinction between the two.  The two are one in the same, and both are beneath us (in our humble opinion).