What is your "Style"?

JRochette
I was reading a thread by Flawed and the comments got me thinking about the different styles of sociopaths. How you manipulate, what you enjoy, basically how do you get your jollies.

I have always seen physical violence as lesser than intellectual superiority so I turn to this intellect when manipulating. I like getting deep in somebodies head and then just playing with it to the point that they become ill in my presence yet they don't know I'm the trigger for how they feel. I prefer making the "cumputer" shut down instead of the body. Mind manipulation is also less obvious as it doesn't leave cuts and bruises so you can go on with this for a long time before they notice that it is abuse. While I like the immediate fix of a quick manipulation I prefer the long hunt. I find it fun to analyze every aspect of the persons life and make the hunt long and amusing. I am still relatively young and I do not see myself at my prime, I feel as though with time I will become better at manipulation as it needs practice like everything else.

I also enjoy when people have fast emotional swings. From really happy to really sad, or from sad to angry to devastated, etc. It is just fun to watch, it's really not that different from creating art. As the artist you mold your materials to what you want to see. Going from over the top happy to depressed is like a short movie or skit. You see the light drop from their eyes, and air get caught in their throat. It is almost as if their eyes beg for help "your strong, help me, I'm falling" as you sit their and stare into their eyes basically saying "I would rather see your pain". Then when they are at their lowest you bring them back to their feet as "a hero" that they love because they only remember how you lifted them from disparity, they don't remember the emotional bomb that was planted.

Perfecting the ability to mirror is also a challenge that I find interesting. I wish to make my guise as perfect as possible as it is the most important skill to a socio. By age 10 I had most of the expressions perfectly. However, I lacked the knowledge of context so I was viewed by others as an awkward kid. In that year I studied people more closely and understood context a little better. By age 15 I had everything down to a subconscious level. I could smile perfectly every time even with my eyes.

One thing I still need to work on is the context of "sorry" (I find this the most difficult and I tend to oversay it because I don't know exactly what situation to use it in). The other thing I have noticed is that I will use the same tonal pattern most times that I say a word like "ya" if it is in the same context. I see this as a possible tell so I would like to change that (It was easier when learning how to make words sound emotional to only have one tonal sequence for each context of a word i.e ya in a happy way or in a sad way, each would have one tonal pattern, however I think they each need more than one to sound less "robotic").

Re: What is your "Style"?

Non Socio
Be careful you don't end up with someone like me who enjoys playing the long game, who will be keeping a log of fake physical abuse somewhere you will never be able to gain access to it and reinforcing the 'evidence' by relaying ot to others... who then stabs you (literally) and cries self defense.

Re: What is your "Style"?

Re: What is your "Style"?

The tone thing still gets me. I struggle to change my tone unless the situation calls for it. (Small talk with me comes off as one of those monotone robots programmed to respond to what you say.) I don't practice it much because no one has ever seemed to notice. I've straight out told people what I am and them not believe it, stating that I am clearly not a socio. This always makes me smile as it proves my disguise is near flawless.

Style wise I tend to find the most cocky/arrogant son of a bitch and break them down until they even question their own convictions (I very much enjoy narcs for this reason). That is short term, however, as I've never seen it beneficial to engage in a long term commitment to anything that can be done in a short amount of time.

In my long term victims I want strength and confidence, but also a layer of insecurity that I can work with and build on for the sake of earning their trust, as their "hero" as you said it.  I too find that people seem oblivious to the fact that all their pain is directly connected to you.  One of my exs was a complete wreck by the time I was done with her, but the whole time she praised me as her savior.  She even believed my purpose, my very creation, was so that she could have the strength to keep living her shitty life. (Her life was in fact shitty even before me.)  After she got away for long enough, however, she realized that the pain she always felt when around me, and the empty, lost feeling she felt when away from me, was my doing.

Not much to contribute despite the shear volume of "contribution."  I aim to kill the strong and ensnare the weak, I guess you could say.  That is my "MO."

Violence is overrated and lacks any skill whatsoever.  Any meathead could hit someone and make them submissive. Boring.  I prefer the intellectual game with strong minded, intelligent people.  To beat someone who is arguably your equal in intellect is very rewarding to me.  I can't say I've been violent toward anyone except for my fore-mentioned prize.  The violence was stemmed from our love of violent sex, which later became a tool for keeping her under my thumb when she started doubting my intentions.

Re: What is your "Style"?

JRochette
Nice to see that there are more socios that prefer the intellect game. As I am still learning about all the different manifestations of sociopathy could someone tell me if this is a trait of more HFS? I was told that I am a HFS and it seems as though some of the other posters seem intellegent, I assume they are also HFS?

Also at the posters who felt more gravitation to the intellect game. Do you still get the urges to physically destroy things and the urges to hurt people even though you prefer the mental game?

@Non Socio

1. Picking prey with the physical ability to overcome me would be foolish.
2. Picking prey with the emotional conviction to kill me would be foolish.
3. When will they stab me? If you think I sleep while there are people in my house that I don't trust 100% then you are sadly mistaken. In no situation do I ever want to live with my target. If they are weak enough to become prey then why would I want them in my presence 24/7? Prey is always lesser than the predator, the only reason to have someone around all the time is to learn from them. Learning from something weaker than me would be pointless.
4. Your insight on how to get away with a crime is disgusting. Firstly, physical evidence would need to be provided that proves that the person was abused to get away with self defence. A fake log book isn't going to cut it, sure I might be dead but atleast my dieing thought can be "Yes that bitch is going to jail, I effectively ruined the next 15-25 years of their life".

Re: What is your "Style"?

Non Socio
@ JRochette, well it's interesting that you consider my insight disgusting, but I feel the same about the way you people treat your targets.  And of course there would be a little more to the whole scenario than what I actually posted.

Thing is, I am good at giving off the emotions that people like you perceive I feel in relation to your actions.  I see it as doing one other would be target a favour whilst people like you are targeting me.  I would be giving the signals that give the perception to the socio/narc etc they are in charge and 'winning.'

No one has died yet, but nor have I raped or mentally destroyed anyone like some of you claim to.

As for 'When?' well that's like asking 'When would a socio rape a target if you didn't live with them?'  When is irrelevant.

Re: What is your "Style"?

@JR  HFS tend to prefer the intellect game while LFS tend to prefer the brute strength game.  This is nature; HFS are gifted with high intelligence so they desire knowledge and mental dominance.  LFS lack this intelligence so they instead focus on the more primal function of physical dominance.  Rams tend to use their horns to fight with, not their teeth.  If a ram doesn't have horns?  Teeth might be their substitute.

@Non Socio  I like your theory.  I had a prize once that had that same mentality.  She tolerated so much physical and mental abuse, death threats and attempts, etc from the LFS before she got with me.  She did it all in the name of protecting those that couldn't take it.  "Why let someone else go through what I've already went through?" Was her logic behind it.  Anyone that willfully feeds the socios fire is just as responsible for the socios actions as the socio.  Socio can't do what they do without enablers.

You are simply training socio to see through deception (as you will inevitably lose their attention at some point). I condone your efforts, truly thinking outside the box there, but even if they leave in content ignorance, you will have only fueled their desire to continue what they do.  Do you think someone used to having a willing slave or an "oblivious" victim will simply give up their ways after they lose interest with one?  That has never been the case with any type of human, least of all a sociopath.

Re: What is your "Style"?

Non Socio
@ OYK, of course you are right, and no I don't believe anyone ever changes but it can be fun at times to play the game.  Actually, people who are 'oblivious' really hack me off, as do those who complain yet do nothing to change the situation, or who are in complete denial.  It's more fun to act oblivious then end the game first.

That being said, I can honestly say I haven't had the time or inclination to bother for a long time.  It IS tiring and I at least have the ability and capacity to opt out whereas socios NEVER have that luxury.

Re: What is your "Style"?

JRochette
@ Non-Socio

You say you are good at giving off emotions that people "like me" perceive as real. Is this not a lesser version of the mirroring we do?

As you said you also play the game, but you back out when you can't take it anymore, when your guilt/empathy/etc overcome your desire to play. We do not get overcome by these emotions so why stop the game? The game as you call it produces possitive stimulus to the person playing. If there is no negative stimulus to counter this (ei. guilt etc) then you are going to wan't to play the game every time, it's a purely possitive stimulation.

@OYK

Good way of explaining it, that makes much more sense. It was so blatantly obvious that I kind of feel stupid right now.

Re: What is your "Style"?

Oh, You Know
@JR  Sometimes the answers are right in front of your face and for whatever reason you don't see them.  I always get a bit annoyed with myself when I fail to see something obvious, so I understand.

I agree with you about Non-Socio.  I'm sure it is fun to get involved in the game, but ultimately it is just giving the socio "being played" the thrill of the game they crave so it is more a mutual benefit than a counter-socio strategy.

Re: What is your "Style"?

Non Socio
@JRochette I never said I "back out when I can't take it anymore" it's more likely I'm bored/achieved what I wanted to in a particular scenario.

@OYK, like you say "mutual benefit."  Therefore JRochette is being hypocritical and nonsensical by calling me disgusting.

Re: What is your "Style"?

JRochette
@ Non-socio

Or I have a different idea of useful because I have different goals. Do not call me hypocritical because I have a different strategy than another person here. What I find useful and what they find useful could be extremely different.

Furthermore I never stated that you were disgusting. If you are trying to manipulate me into a fight you are doing extremely poorly and I hope you do it better in real life. I did however say that you back out due to emotions, which I do still believe and I think that you give yourself other reasons so you don't feel as though you are a scared individual.
vm

Re: What is your "Style"?

vm
After you've been to jail 15 times you will change that violence thing. Some people can only be manipulated (psycopaths) with a fist to the face.

Re: What is your "Style"?

JRochette
Personally I never plan on going to jail, won't happen. I enjoy my freedom too much.
vm

Re: What is your "Style"?

vm
Yeah me too.

Re: What is your "Style"?

Jails and prisons are full of people who done what they do poorly.
TNP

Re: What is your "Style"?

TNP
I like to keep all my options open. It makes me less predictable and more effective.

Re: What is your "Style"?

Non Socio
@ JRochette:, here's what YOU wrote since you didn't go back and check:

4. Your insight on how to get away with a crime is disgusting.

See last word, disgusting.

The rest, well you have your opinion, and since socios always think they are right I will not try and change your mind on that.  Your opinion of me is not relevant, other than to you.

Re: What is your "Style"?

JRochette
Your INSIGHT on how to commit a crime, not you. I still believe this to be true. Your insight on commiting a crime and your ability to play the game are very different. In your previous post it was argued the beneficial nature of a non that plays the game and you stated I was a hypocrit because I did not find it useful but merely a distraction. This has nothing to do with the crime part (you backstabbing them with motive and all and leaving insufficient evidence to make it look like self defense, which, quite frankly, is disgusting).

I believe you need to go back and learn the difference between you and your, whilethey may not seem that difference the context is shattering.