Two questions.

1234

Two questions.

Drowning
I wonder what sociopaths and psychopaths make of issues that are supposedly larger than life. Do you believe in God, and what do you make of religion?

I also wonder about ambition. While many socio- and psychopaths strive towards positions of power, the goal seems to me somewhat pointless, safe for instant gratification. We live in a dying world, humanity is deteriorating and nothing will survive, the world is impermanent. Our lives are ultimately void; no matter our actions, they won't reverberate deeper into time than rumor and myths can carry them, and eventually they will die out leaving a cold universe indifferent to all our past actions.

Have you thought about these things? Is life ultimately meaningless, and if it is, why do you keep going?

Re: Two questions.

Seamus
Philosophical battles rage through my mind almost constantly. I'm tortured since my desire to understand why things are the way they are can never be satiated. The problem with religion when it comes to sociopaths is that they aren't necessarily "equipped" with the right tools to be religious in nature. I made a point a few weeks ago that love is essentially the crux of religion (Although, depending on how one looks at it, fear could be an equally important constituent) and sociopaths simply don't have the ability to love. Period. Even if a sociopath were to go out of his way to be selfless for another person he'd still never be able to feel love inside himself. He could desire it on an intellectual level but he could never genuinely experience it.

So what do I believe? When it comes to the big picture I waiver too often to say.

Re: Two questions.

Seamus
Drowning wrote
Have you thought about these things? Is life ultimately meaningless, and if it is, why do you keep going?
If life is a one shot deal then it would seem almost crazy to simply kill myself unless my quality of life had been reduced so much as to make it a burden. Recently I haven't been far from that point but I'm starting a new job soon which could be potentially lucrative. I may be turning things around.

I still enjoy great food, the wind on my face while I ride my bike, soaking in a hot tub , swimming on a hot day, admiring the grandiosity of the cosmos on a starry night, and any form of intellectual discussion.

Re: Two questions.

Re: Two questions.

Drowning
The pain is not worth committing suicide over. I'm not suffering, I just feel a sublime indifference. While I have no reason to live, I don't have any reason to die either so I just wait. I spend most of my life in escapism. I watch television, and forget. I'm like most people in this regard, a waste of space, only I seem to be more conscious about it than the typical man.

To me, there is no reason to seek power, money, status, or fame. It will not last, and therefore they are just illusions that serve to temporarily disconnect me from the void. I feel little need to rear children, who are supposed to carry my name and 'legacy', because in time, everything rots and dismantles. The only thing I do is enjoy myself in the present. Stupid little pleasurable actions done on a whim, that never truly make me happy anyway, but at least they require no discipline.

Re: Two questions.

funny face

Re: Two questions.

funny face
it is now late, and i am in the mood of some typing.

Re: Two questions.

funny face
"The problem with religion when it comes to sociopaths is that they aren't necessarily "equipped" with the right tools to be religious in nature. I made a point a few weeks ago that love is essentially the crux of religion and sociopaths simply don't have the ability to love. Period. Even if a sociopath were to go out of his way to be selfless for another person he'd still never be able to feel love inside himself. He could desire it on an intellectual level but he could never genuinely experience it."

so what? love is just some stupid emotion people have, what does it matter?

Re: Two questions.

funny face
"The pain is not worth committing suicide over. I'm not suffering, I just feel a sublime indifference. While I have no reason to live, I don't have any reason to die either so I just wait. I spend most of my life in escapism. I watch television, and forget. I'm like most people in this regard, a waste of space, only I seem to be more conscious about it than the typical man."

waiting for what?

Re: Two questions.

funny face
"I also wonder about ambition. While many socio- and psychopaths strive towards positions of power, the goal seems to me somewhat pointless, safe for instant gratification. We live in a dying world, humanity is deteriorating and nothing will survive, the world is impermanent. Our lives are ultimately void; no matter our actions, they won't reverberate deeper into time than rumor and myths can carry them, and eventually they will die out leaving a cold universe indifferent to all our past actions."

OH CRUEL WORLD; WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT MY ENDLESS
whining

Re: Two questions.

Drowning
"vniceperson", is this your kind of escapism? Attempting to appear emotionless, because you are filled with regret? You act like a teenager who uses this forum as a refuge from 'unfair parents'. Grow up, or at least troll harder: you bore me.

Re: Two questions.

funny face
"To me, there is no reason to seek power, money, status, or fame. It will not last, and therefore they are just illusions that serve to temporarily disconnect me from the void. I feel little need to rear children, who are supposed to carry my name and 'legacy', because in time, everything rots and dismantles. The only thing I do is enjoy myself in the present. Stupid little pleasurable actions done on a whim, that never truly make me happy anyway, but at least they require no discipline."

so what do you want?

Re: Two questions.

funny face
"vniceperson", is this your kind of escapism? Attempting to appear emotionless, because you are filled with regret? You act like a teenager who uses this forum as a refuge from 'unfair parents'. Grow up, or at least troll harder: you bore me."

i'd imagine bored kids would go to a slightly more populated forums for that.

Re: Two questions.

Drowning
It must be fantastic to be an unintelligent sadist. You get the pleasure of hurting people, but lack the insight to realize that you're shadowboxing. What do you think, "vniceperson"?

Re: Two questions.

Ubermensch300
"only I seem to be more conscious about it than the typical man."
Come on, accusing someone else of being a teenager.  If a person has never felt this way 1. they have an IQ lower than 75, or 2.  they are a stupid teenager.  It's not even a deep thought.

Re: Two questions.

UKan Blitz

positions of power do not excite me.  i have been in the hotseat enough to know that no matter how good you are at it, someone will hate you and someone else will constantly try to usurp your position.   now i only take the seat if no one else is capable, and i will benefit from taking it.  even then it is temporary.  better yet, i influence from the side.  ready to step in if i must, and constantly controlling the "leader" but out of the line of fire.

That is weak at best. People like you always get passed up by people with more ambition. People that want it more. You are the kind of guy that just reacts to situations, aren't you COW? Who the fuck cares what comes with the crown as long as you have it in your hands. The hotseat? You idiot. It's no hotseat it is a throne. One that if you ever even had before in your life you would have lost it fast. Is that why you don't want to aim for it KAO? You know if you tried to aim for it you would fucking fail. Just like you have failed your whole life.

Re: Two questions.

UKan Blitz

We live in a dying world, humanity is deteriorating and nothing will survive, the world is impermanent. Our lives are ultimately void; no matter our actions, they won't reverberate deeper into time than rumor and myths can carry them, and eventually they will die out leaving a cold universe indifferent to all our past actions.

I see why you don't get peoples thirst for power, because you don't even have the will to survive. You think about everything but yourself which is why you live a pointless existance. You are only pissing in the pond if you stand over a pond. If you pissed on the sand you would transform it. You think humanity is deteriorating you are wrong. Human beings are the most capable species at least in this galaxy if not more. We are already learning how to spread to other planets. The universe is not indifferent to our actions because if you are great you are immortalized. People like you are forgotten because you are a nay sayer and generally miserable to be around. You are doomed to insignificance because that it what you strive for.

Re: Two questions.

Drowning
There is a difference between a mere conceptual thought, and realizing the truth of it on a deeper level.

Someone alluding to Nietzsche ought to understand that. The whole idea behind his opposition to slave morality, was that most people didn't fully realize their ability to make their own rules and choices. The ├╝bermensch is someone who loves life, and dares to stand on his own. Abolish christian dogma and promise of eternal life, in order to face reality on eart. A simple fucking thing to understand conceptually, but hard as hell to actually live by. Or don't you realize the existential reference of your own username?

Re: Two questions.

Drowning
UKan Blitz:
Does it really make you that sad to realize that you, too, will be forgotten?

There is nothing to achieve, but keep boasting and yelling. It's entertaining to me, just as it's entertaining to think that your dreams will be nothing but void, when the universe turns to ash.

You will not be immortalized, that is your narcissism spawning tales. You will die some day, while shitting in your own pants and screaming because you have lost control to life's ultimate negation. Then your name will vanish into nothingness, and it doesn't matter if it's in a hundred years, a thousand, a million, or a billion. The heat death and entropy is inescapable. In the end, none of what you have done with your tiny miserable existence will matter - and you won't even be there to realize that you have lived in ignorance. There is no heaven or hell to save you, no values that are superimposed upon your sad existence.

Have fun, and keep up the attitude. You may even convince yourself if you do.

Re: Two questions.

UKaninster

 You may even convince yourself if you do

I already convinced myself Drowning. That's why I live a life of pleasure and not one of pain like you. You are your own worse enemy. You think you are looking at the big picture your not. You are just trying to take in so much at once that you lose yourself in it.
The future, the past, the present? What does it matter if time doesn't exist, right? What does your life matter? If that's how you feel then why aren't you living in the moment fucking, destroying, hustling, stealing, and tormenting people. If everyone is going to fucking burn why give a shite what happends to them right now.
I set my mind to something, and I get to doing it Drowning. I don't care about the future and humanities annhilation or whether it conquers the entire universe or whether I'll die tommorrow. I like to play for keeps it makes me feel alive. The stakes should be high. Death doesn't matter. It's about what you are doing right now to leave a legacy. Someone like you Drowning won't be remembered because you have no aspirations. Aspirations are the root of success in life.
1234