Translator Needed- Socio or Borderline?

Alice B.
Hey,
I've walked away from my socio,  Started ignoring his calls, texts and emails. When we broke up there was a question of me being pregnant. He asked and I said I didn't know and if I was it was something he didn't need to know about. Anyway after a week of ignoring him I get this email out of the blue:

"Since neither of us are able to talk on the phone at the same time and texting is inconsistent at best, I think email is the best way to communicate.

Parting ways in the manner we did left a major question unanswered. You have alluded to it dozens of times, threatened to terminate it (clinically and on your own), and hide it from me.

One thing you haven't done is handle this situation like an adult. If you are pregnant with my child,  as you continue to imply, I have a responsibility to ensure that you see a doctor and treat your body in a way necessary for a healthy birth.

Since we have met, I have tried my best to discourage your unhealthy lifestyle and dangerous choices in terms of diet and self-medication; there is more than enough reason for me to be concerned.

We need to discuss the future, if you are carrying my child. I want to make two  things clear:

- I have never and will never condone or suggest abortion; it is a disgusting practice. (Do not tie my name to it, as you have in previous text messages.)

- I will be part of my child's upbringing.

Please respond in a timely manner.

Regards,"

My response:

"Thank you for your concern about my well-being. Though fictitious, your email is a testament to your creative writing abilities. Rest assured that I am not carrying your child.

Best,"

I finally take his call and every answer I give him is verbatim "I am not pregnant with your child"...

His Response following the convo:

"It's my understanding, after that excuse for a conversation, that you are not pregnant with my child (but still possibly pregnant).  I will seek a paternity test if you have a child within a reasonable time that we were together.  Otherwise, we have further reason to communicate (sic)"

Anyway we haven't talked since. As I said, I don't believe he really thought I was pregnant, that's why it's odd. If there was any indication of me actually carrying a child it could be different. But don't sociopaths want to walk away and not deal with this shit i.e. the abortion thread...

Can anyone translate this? Is it a sick game? Honest concern? WTF am I dealing with here? He has ignored me completely since this point. I think it's because he didn't get his way...

Anyone? And yes I know I need to let all of this go...
Alice

Re: Translator Needed- Socio or Borderline?

Fletch
My interpretation of the situation:

He hates loose ends. Whether you are or are not pregnant does not matter to him, but he is driven to know one way or the other so that he can plan accordingly. His hesitation to recommend abortion is one of two things: an indication that he is not a sociopath, or a attempt at using your anger over the breakup to drive you to do the opposite of what he says; not a bad play. If he wrote you an email demanding that you get an abortion, he figured that there was a chance you would keep the baby out of spite. As I type this though, I realize I'm not really buying explanation 2...

His tone is removed like a socio, but his content doesn't match. The email sounds more like someone pretending to be emotionless. The way he starts out with the email thing... it seems like he's hurt. He can't resist the personal slight later on about your "unhealthy lifestyle". And later, with the "excuse for a convo" thing... it's either an attempt to be pathetic to gain sympathy or he's just actually pathetic. I'm betting on the latter.

The email lacks ...focus?

My bet: not socio. Move on in any case.

Re: Translator Needed- Socio or Borderline?

I believe Fletch left out a couple possibilities (assuming it is a socio).

1. He wants you to keep the baby to force you to stick with him; suggested by him stating "I will be part of my child's upbringing." in the first email and in the later "Otherwise, we have further reason to communicate"
Both of these lines (and more) suggest he is trying to keep you without admitting he wants you.  He makes it seem as if his only concern is the baby in the first email, yet slips in "we have further reason to communicate" at the end of the second email.  This indicates a necessary inconsistency in intentions (socio) or a distraught boy trying to get his girl back (non-socio).

2. He is a socio that, for whatever reason, doesn't condone abortion.  I personally believe it should be outlawed (along with non-heterosexual sex), because I value reproduction.  Having morals makes you empath, having strong opinions does not.  Although, in this case, he is very clearly using anti-abortion sentiment to get whatever he wants done (either get you back in his life or get it aborted).

In either case he is a LF socio at best and a feeble empath at worst, so I would say cut your losses.

Re: Translator Needed- Socio or Borderline?

ALICE B
LOL  @ "In either case he is a LF socio at best and a feeble empath at worst, so I would say cut your losses." Brilliant.

Anyway, since this convo he has basically told me not to text him and he refuses to be on good terms with me. If I'm over someone I don't respond. Immediate response by being a dick is a way to get a reaction out of me?  I can't tell if he's a lfs trying to wreak havoc with his friends, family, life, etc or if he's a bipolar like his family says he is.

Do you think I'll hear from him again. He basically told me to "stop bugging him" so I have. He's refused to talk since the breakup, months ago. He will email me articles to see if I'll write back, text me pictures, etc but refuses to talk to me by phone specifically and we live in different states so in person is impossible.

Is that a lfs game, a case of an unpaid phone bill or what? It has to be a game of some sort. The two times he tried to call (I ignored it. and didn't respond to texts and emails - that's when I got that pregnacy email).

And immediately after sending that last email, he tried to get this girl friend of his to "friend" me on facebook.

I must admit that I used the pregnancy thing to fuck with him. When he called me and asked me every and any question I had one response "I'm not pregnant with your child". I never said if I was pregnant period because I wanted to reserve the right to fuck with his head. He still doesn't have absolute clarification.

But again, I don't think he ever truly beleived I was pregnant...

DEVELOPMENT:
I just found out that an old friend of mine who I thought was loyal to me has been telling my ex everything about my life. Spying on me to feed him info. Any ideas about how to use this to my advantage. I want to have fun with this...She lives in a different state than me and him.

Re: Translator Needed- Socio or Borderline?

Re: Translator Needed- Socio or Borderline?

ALICE B
Brilliant strategy with the "pretending to be an ex" thing. Do you think she suspected it was you at all though and maybe she just wanted to play along? Just wondering.

The "I still love you" thing is what I'm sure Dylan is dying to hear, but doesn't that make me less interesting to him? I have had the chance to tell people (who were likely his proxies) that I had feelings for him, instead I've said that I'm totally over him. My fb pic has me with another guy (someone I'm dating) and my page looks like I've moved on 100%.

It must be an ego thing with socios. I think he held on to his ex from before me because she would always tell him that she missed him and was sad it was over. Every time I say our relationship was so "two months ago" it pisses him off to no end, the possibility that it meant nothing to me.

So, how do you feel if your ex moves on and says "ok, we are now with other people, let's be good with each other"? Those kinds of statements seem to bring on the wrath...

The main reason I don't think I want Dylan back is tha I realized that I was in love with the way he loved me, adored me. He doesn't look at me in the same way any more and for whatever reason, for me the best way to get over someone is to have them not into me anymore. I mean it's like a swith for me- I can be head over heels in love, but the second that love isn't returned, I'm just not interested. Maybe this is the answer I'm seeking?