Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
It is funny how some things never change. I very much relate my sociopathic behaviour to my inner child. I call the people I manipulate my toys (breaking it down further into dolls, teddy bears, toy soldiers, etc), I call the manipulative part of my brain my "toybox", my psychologist even calls my sociopathy "Josh" and it makes her think of what I was possibly like as a child. I still ask my mother "Mommy, would you be upset if I pushed you down the stairs?" looking for the same reaction I did years ago (although I would never do this, my mother is an integral part of my life). While there is no real reason to this thread I thought I would make this post. Feel free to discuss any trends that have stayed constant throughout growing up or feel free to comment on what I have typed.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
I dislike animals very much, they make noise when I don't want them to and just generally get on my bad side. I try to make animals fight each other wheneverI see them but my term for using them in that manner is "stuffies" (stuffed animals). I always liked animals more when they were suffering or dead.

I also enjoyed larger inventions. I built a 6foot long wind tunnel to explain the effects of wind erosion in grade 6 and I built a crossbow from scratch in grade 7 to explain propultion, aerodynamics, and the use of these in ancient warfare. I was more of a thinker than a hands on guy my whole life and only built something when a theory neededto me explained.

I would very much say my perspective as people as toys explains my rational in all preferences. I am semi possessive over them as a child is with their toys. Only I may break my toys (unless the offender wishes to replace the toy with themselves). I expect my toy to do as I say and provide me with what I desire. They serve a purpose, to amuse me.

I like long term toys aswell, my longest toy has been with me for 8 years now, he is the one I give the title of my teddy bear.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
We had fish my whole young childhood and I had a hampster and rabbit from age 8-12 (I NEVER took care of the things, the hampster actually commited suicide and that was the most interesting it ever got) the rabbit was ok though, I would play with it sometimes and I never hurt it. I thought of it as a living toy in a way. We got a bird when I was 9 and then the real fun and development of my torturing skills increased. We have had birds since and with every squak I move mountains to restrain from waterboarding the little fucks with rubbing alcohol.

I will need some time to figure out the glove (and supplies) but I would like to try it. If I remember I will keep you posted on if I figured out a way to make one work. I actually have some need for a device like this.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
I see all toys, tools, and pets at the same level. I would agree some tools are at a higher level but in the end it is is about what can accomplish the task at hand and merely applying the correct one.

I actually want to try figuring this out, I enjoy the challenge as it is like getting inside your mind in a way, I'm sure you can relate. It is like learning a piece of music that was written by another musician, it's fascinating.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
Hmm is the device you are speaking of a bug zapper? I want to rule this in or out before I keep going.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
Hmm well I went outside to go and look around and I thought of a spark plug or maybe a barbecque ignition device? I'm not sure if I even have this item where I am from haha. Clue please :P

Re: Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
As for the power supply. 12v Computer power supply as opposed to regular batteries? Or did you mean something a little less battery-esque?

Re: Still a kid at heart.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

I frequently see references to sociopaths as "kids."  In a way, it is accurate.  We are self-serving and pleasure oriented to the same degree a small child would be.  Most of us are prone to making bad "in the moment" decisions and have a general short-coming for responsibility; ignoring responsibility beyond having our needs and desires met.

As for pets, I've always been fond of our feline counter-parts.  The funny thing about cats is, no matter how "loyal" they are to their owner, no matter how unfriendly they are toward new people, every cat quickly warms up to me.  An example of this is my aunt brought in a stray kitten.  The kitten was easily spooked and wouldn't let anyone but her and her daughter touch him.  I came over twice and every time I came over after that the cat would immediately stop what it was doing and run to my lap.  If I didn't sit down, the cat would literally just stand by my feet looking up at me.  It was quite entertaining.

I am far from an animal person, though, cats being my one exception.  Dogs tend to hate me despite my general indifference to them.  Comparatively, in the same way that I despise most mammals, I despise most of the two-legged sheep we share a species with.  The "pets" I keep around are ones that are harmless, yet intelligent and highly 'affectionate'; much like the furrier mammals I enjoy.

Re: Still a kid at heart.

JRochette
I dislike cats very much. If there is a dog and a cat in the room I'll use reward manipulation to get the dog to hurt/scare the cat then I'll give the dog the reward and punish it severely for attacking the cat. I dislike animals in general mostly.