Sociopath: Telling the truth?

Lizard

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

Zhawq
Your best chance at getting any truthful information from him will be if you no longer have any relationship with him, meaning if he no longer can get anything from you.

For as long as you have some kind of relationship with him the nature of that relationship will be what he decides what information to give you upon. What he tells you will have nothing to do with truth or not truth, only with how it can affect and influence you in a way that he desires. That means he may tell you a truth now and then, but it will be more of an accident than a deliberate truth.

I have many times found when I thought about a conversation with someone, that "Hey, that detail was true, by the way!", and thought of it as a funny coincidence.

Good luck with it!... '^L^,

Zhawq

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

I'm on to you

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

UKano
If you are a victim to him he will just keep spinning you in circles because he doesn't have any respect for you. In his mind you are a joke.  If you only cared about your health it wouldn't matter how many, because all it takes is one person. Go to the clinic. The reality is you want to know the extent that you will have to justify his actions to yourself to keep hanging on to him desperately.

I want to give you a taste of the reality of your situation. Long distance relationships don't work. Yes, once in a blue moon .000005% of them do. I'm sure you can delude yourself enough to think you are in that small margin., but I can guarantee you that you are not.

He has no reason to give you anything but whatever answer gets him the result he wants from you. So why ask? Why is it important to you? Is it because you want to avoid asking yourself the hard questions? Are you sinking yourself or are you just using him as a crutch for your insecurities?

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

Neuroman2
Sociopaths are incapable of telling the truth about any aspect of their lives.  They will keep you from meeting their family and friends so you cannot compare "notes" on them.  Even when they are confronted with actual facts, they will always make an escape goat.  "You are always bringing up the past."  Some excuse for their obvious deception.

Read my post if you want some lies that are beyond human comprehension.

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

Wondering
Holy Shit...the guy I was dating and called him a Sociopath to get rid of him (it worked) never introduced me to any family or friends. Nobody. It lasted 3 months which isn't THAT long but still.

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

FlawedDiamond
Neuroman2 wrote
Sociopaths are incapable of telling the truth about any aspect of their lives.  They will keep you from meeting their family and friends so you cannot compare "notes" on them.  Even when they are confronted with actual facts, they will always make an escape goat.  "You are always bringing up the past."  Some excuse for their obvious deception.
Empaths are incapable knowing what all sociopaths are capable of doing. FACT.
Evolved (aware) sociopaths actually enjoy indulging information. And we love the fact that most empaths, even with full disclosure, still bite the forbidden fruit.

You sir, are a lover scorned. FACT.

and I've always wondered what your motives are on this site preaching to a bunch of socios about your socio. are you the appointed entertainment director of the site? Welcome then.

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

FlawedDiamond
In the real world, if he doesn't introduce you to his friends, he's just not that into you. Or your not who you think you are to him.

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

@Zhawq "I have many times found when I thought about a conversation with someone, that "Hey, that detail was true, by the way!", and thought of it as a funny coincidence."

I am tickled by those moments too.  When you are so good at processing information available and using it t your benefit, it becomes second nature; even you don't know if you are lying or not.  It's how the "illogical belief in one's abilities" symptom is formed.  We are just that damn good.

I've actually told someone one of my most well kept secrets just for the sake of establishing (or feigning) a connection with them.  I use all information, whether fictional or literal, indiscriminately, so when the truth does come out and I reflect on it, it just strikes me as funny.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this funny.  I've been told that I have a far too expansive sense of humor at times (like morbid humor).

Re: Sociopath: Telling the truth?

@topic (the header anyway, annoying deleted posts).

Personally, as previously stated, I lie and tell the truth indiscriminately.  Truth be told, I actually don't consciously lie unless absolutely necessary.  100% truth worded appropriately is the best form of disinformation.  Obviously, I lie about personal details when my attempts to divert the conversation go south (although that rarely happens).  It's not about wanting to be honest, I just subconsciously produce legit information in illegitimate context because it's the most effective deception.  I happen to do everything the best way possible (or at least, to the best of my ability).  "Lying" is no exception.