Sense of Humor

JumpyLamb
(Thou shall not nag about typo's. English is not my motherlanguage)

I´m really f*****. I always known he was crazy. But he was the funniest human beeing I had ever witnessed. I love Eric Cartman, I love Magneto, I love Al Pacino´s rant at the end of Devil´s Advocate.. I can´t help but finding socio´s awesome to watch. It just lifts my mood.

It´s not that he was funny in a conventional way. But his crazy antics were pure comedy.I thought he was ADORABLE. Like Stich from Lilo & Stich. He was trying sooo hard to be normal, say the right things, I couldn't stop testing him. I still remember every thing he has ever said. I loved his manipulations. At times they were so see-trough, and then I misled them, and then he used my false info, and I hinted that he was wasting his energy on this one and he just couldn't hide his aggrivation. But of course I had to let some of the Inception trough in order to see more. <3

At a certain point I was still laughing, but it wasn´t funny anymore. I knew I had to go once I realized that he liked to see me suffer. Once I realized that he would love to sell me out eventually. The worst part was the feeling that he wouldn't mind if I died.

I started to have dreams.. his relatives throwing me overboard and he would sit and act like he was looking at his birthday gift, trying to hide his amusement about my desperation. In the dream I would know that he knows that I know that he doesn't give a ****, but he would also know that even in my last seconds I would still wonder if he's not torn apart inside, and doesn't dare to stand up against his family. And only acts like this because he is conditioned to.

At a certain point I had to drop my foolish lamb act, I had to stand up to him. I couldn't do it the nice way, because I was too addicted. I had to drop a bomb, so that he would go full-on warlord mode. I needed him to need to get rid of me. His rage was terrifying and assured me that I HAD TO GO. In return I promised him that I wanted to leave in peace, but needed some time to come to my sences and sort things out. I'd be gone within a month. If he would back off, he could go on with his life and find an easier target. But if he wouldn't, I would bring hell. His revenge was sweet. He did as I asked. He just let me go like that. While I was moving out, he would still bully me with some awesome evil remarks on the low, to remind me of the fun I would be missing out on. I couldn't help but smile, even though I was hurting.

Never had I imagined that life after him would be terrible. PTSS, not being able to connect anymore, totally different view of the world, no more dating, sex, innocence.

If I would have a life to waste, I'd waste it on him. I wonder if he still hoping that I'll come back for more. If I hadn't done research about sociopathy EVERY day since I left, I probably would have.
I hope he was surprised that I flipped and went, I think he was already looking forward to tear me apart in a biiig way, he wasn't done with me at all. By then, I had showed a high amout of tolerance, submission and loyalty. He must have expected that someone who loves to analyze and talk endlessly, would cry and ask him for explanations and accuse him. But I just woke up one morning and was like: that's enough. Ante up.

I was a worthy opponent. I even lowered myself out of curiosity, masochism and excitement just to let him kick my ass a little bit. Sorry if I didn't let him to make me fly over the cuckoo's nest intirely.

 It's a shame that I need all of what I've got left from my soul for myself, friends and family. I wish I could spend a day with him for free. He just knew how to make me laugh.

Re: Sense of Humor

Medulla
If I would have a life to waste, I'd waste it on him.

I love this line.
Will you suck me off now? My intellect isnt free.

Re: Sense of Humor

I say you should give him another chance. I'm sure he will have mercy on you if you return to him. The alternative is never feeling that spark again, and surely you cannot want that.

P.S. Sociopath have the best sense of humor. Perhaps because our funniest dialogue is actually deathly serious.

Re: Sense of Humor

JRochette
I agree that socios have great humour. When I'm watching normal television I swear there are socios putting in puns and jokes just for our kind that no one else will pick up on because they are so, as you say, "deathly serious". I think it is this level of seriousness that amuses me. It can be a totally serious situation with no jokes intended but the phrase in the normal dialogue will crack me up. I can't think of any examples of this at the moment as I never care about the program enough to remember the lines. Has anyone else noticed this humour in shows?

Another thing I find humourous is squirming reactions to punch lines. I don't normally find the punch lines funny, just the reactions.

I also wonder about irony, I think I understand the concept but I also think I utilize a more extreme/ different type of irony. In most ironic situations I won't think twice, however if there is something "dark" about the irony I can't stop laughing.

Re: Sense of Humor

Oh, You Know
I've noticed that a lot of kids shows these days are laced with endless dialogue that children aren't aware they are observing into their behavior and mentality.

Serious content in joke form; iCarly, The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time

Despite loathing all things cute and childish, I am very entertained by these shows due to all the sociopathic behavior being deemed completely acceptable and rewarding.  I have to wonder if the sudden surge in socios isn't almost directly stemmed by the media, or if perhaps the surge in socios is calling for more socio-friendly content in media.  Or, much more likely, it is an endless cycle between the two.

iCarly teaches bullying to be a normal, carefree pass time between friends.

The Amazing World of Gumball is full of people making each other cry without so much as batting an eye, let alone apologizing for feeling even the least bit guilty (one episode comes to mind, with Gumball making a fellow student cry all the while having a shit-eating grin on his face; priceless).

Adventure Time, hell, that is raw sociopath-condoning material throughout the entire show (from what little I've seen, I'm not really a tv kind of guy).  For a show focused on children 3-5? the content is almost always very serious; murder, sexual themes, abuse, etc.  Yet the entire thing is done with a playful carelessness that only a true sociopath could fully appreciate.

In adult television this kind of behavior is to be expected, however it is ironically conveyed a lot less in adult-focused television than it is in a lot of children's shows.

To directly answer your question, yes I have noticed lots of lines in both serious and joking context that could only be noticed and appreciated by sociopaths.  It's about the only reason I watch television anymore (and why my favorite show is House; because they don't hide the sociopathic humor, the series it self is a sociopath playing head games with the audience).