SOCIOPATHS read here

123

SOCIOPATHS read here

chrisbo347
Hey guys just registered and find this site really interesting. I'm afraid im not a sociopath (what will you evildoers do with my email and password info???) but then again i guess it doesnt matter...because niether are any of you.

In reading the posts on the main page it becomes abundantly clear that you really, truly, no matter how wrong you think i am, are not sociopaths. From your posts it seems the people on this site can be split into 5 categories

1."Normal"/Interested in Psychopathy

2.People confusing their loneliness/depression for psychopathy (feel isolated, alone, cant seem to connect with others)

3.Anxious person/actual Anxiety disorder

4.Narcissistic people and or actual sufferers of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (no you aren't a sociopath just because your selfish and/or an asshole)

5.Sufferers of a more serious but also un-Psychopathic disorder (Borderline/Histrionic/etc.)

I realize how easy it seems to self diagnose. You feel alone, or empty, or you are mean and you assume you are the all powerful psychopath because of how society has almost mystified/sensatialized the disorder. But you view the criteria of a sociopath through an already biased lense, one clouded by either your depressed feelings or whatever other issues you have, and you feel as if every one applies to you immensly. Anyone can read through that criteria and think it all applies to them. Alot of you are probably assholes and narcassists but you probably arent sociopaths. sociopaths would not have the type of self reflection you all do. they are shallower than that.

"At the end of our conversation she turned to address you, the
reader. She said if you’re beginning to feel worried that you may be a
psychopath, if you recognize some of those traits in yourself, if you’re
feeling a creeping anxiety about it, that means you are not one"
-The Psychopathy Test by Jon Ronson
At the end of our conversation she turned to address you, the
reader. She said if you’re beginning to feel worried that you may be a psychopath, if you recognize some of those traits in yourself, if you’re feeling a creeping anxiety about it, that means you are not one.
The Psychology Test by Jon Ronson

you aren't sociopaths..you are naive and confused

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Medulla
Are you seriously this arrogant?
Will you suck me off now? My intellect isnt free.

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

chrisbo347
true sociopaths dont sit and pine over their sociopathy. they arent introspective in that way and feel very little in the way of emotion except greed and sometimes anger. they do not cuddle up at the computer and self reflect on internet message boards. you are confused
At the end of our conversation she turned to address you, the
reader. She said if you’re beginning to feel worried that you may be a psychopath, if you recognize some of those traits in yourself, if you’re feeling a creeping anxiety about it, that means you are not one.
The Psychology Test by Jon Ronson

you aren't sociopaths..you are naive and confused

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Medulla
This post was updated on .
I think you are the one that is confused, buddy.

How many people have you seen in your short time here state that they are a psychopath?

Are you assuming that everyone here thinks they are one?

Do you really think you know more about sociopathy and psychopathy than the people here?

What, did you just read that Ronson book and now you are an expert?

Also, why your need to come here to 'correct' everyone? What's in it for you?

People who feel the need to tell others, especially strangers, what they are or are not based on little to nothing have their own issues, that's for sure.

Sure, there are folks here who think they are sociopaths but probably are not, but there's not much out there that is more annoying than someone coming in someplace, looking around for 2 seconds, and then deciding they are Judge and Jury and think they know more than everyone else.

Especially from someone who is NOT a sociopath or even a psychiatrist.

I'm gonna guess that at some point you wondered yourself if you are a psychopath, and then changed your mind, now you are assuming that everyone else is like you.

Projection.
Will you suck me off now? My intellect isnt free.

you aren't sociopaths..you are naive and confused

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Medulla
Did I ever, anywhere, say I was a sociopath?

And I don't see many of the self-proclaimed sociopaths here talking about their 'feelings'. They usually talk about other stuff.

And sociopaths do indeed have feelings, you know. Probably just as much as everyone else, only it's directed elsewhere and in other ways.

But anyway, I'll ask again, what in you feels the need to 'educate' everyone here? What's in it for you?

I think this is all you talking to yourself, about yourself, for yourself, but on a forum instead of a diary.
Will you suck me off now? My intellect isnt free.

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Fletch
It's strange, Chris, that you feel the need to deny people a label which is really mostly meaningless. Most people who take on the label of sociopath, to be sure, are nowhere close to the reality of being an actual sociopath. However, personality abnormalities cannot be completely equated with diseases of the body. There is a large spectrum of sociopathic traits, and to deny that someone is a "real" sociopath based on your perception of them gained by reading some shit they posted on a blog seems remarkably arrogant. Not all sociopaths express all of the traits given in some book somewhere.

As for me, I have always known that I process information differently than those around me, and that my ability to process my emotions is near non-existent. I do not claim to be a sociopath, rather, if I'm honest, I believe that there is no one like me. Life has yet to prove me wrong, but it will be interesting if it does.

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

chrisbo347
Fletch, your post makes perfect sense and is completely acceptable. to me it just seems like people who feel similar or the same way you do confuse that with ACTUALLY being a psychopath and then come on here claiming psychopathy. feeling alone or being confused about your emotions doesnt make someone a psychopath. i just find this site interesting as well as all of you. i know im not an expert but from the rediculous amount of shit ive read on this stuff it just doesnt seem likely that TRUE ACTUAL sociopaths would gather on a message board and relate in such a way.
At the end of our conversation she turned to address you, the
reader. She said if you’re beginning to feel worried that you may be a psychopath, if you recognize some of those traits in yourself, if you’re feeling a creeping anxiety about it, that means you are not one.
The Psychology Test by Jon Ronson

you aren't sociopaths..you are naive and confused

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Medulla
 i know im not an expert but from the rediculous amount of shit ive read on this stuff it just doesnt seem likely that TRUE ACTUAL sociopaths would gather on a message board and relate in such a way.

Lots of things in life aren't what they seem. Especially as you aren't an expert, as you just said.

Therefore it is wise to dig deeper before making judgments.

Maybe some sociopaths have an interest in message boards, and others do not. Just like anyone else.
Will you suck me off now? My intellect isnt free.

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

DavidSocio01

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

chrisbo347
David i would love to hear your story if you wanted to tell it in a private message or whatever because this all is starting to truly fascinate me. After all, if you really are a sociopath wou will probably enjoy writing about yourself, no? As more and more of you post your input i become more intrigued and honestly doubt myself more, although i'm not lieing when i say that im yet to be convinced any of you are true sociopaths. If any of you actually are, you may not be able to decypher the humor in what im about to post (ive heard psychopaths dont find the same things humorous as "normal" people) but this article called "6 Real Diseases That Have Somehow Become Trendy" from the very funny Cracked.com pretty much sums up what my standpoint on you all is at this juncture.

"Sociopathy self-diagnosers come pretty much from the same group as the Ass Burgers. The difference is that instead of going for an image of a misunderstood, awkward, eccentric genius, they're going for more of a cool, detached, badass genius.

Other than that, same thing. People who found an easy way to paint their bad traits (detatchment, assholery) as cool ones."
At the end of our conversation she turned to address you, the
reader. She said if you’re beginning to feel worried that you may be a psychopath, if you recognize some of those traits in yourself, if you’re feeling a creeping anxiety about it, that means you are not one.
The Psychology Test by Jon Ronson

you aren't sociopaths..you are naive and confused

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

SOCIOME
THIS SITE APPEARS TO HAVE THOSE WHO DOUBT THE LEGITAMACY OF THE OTHERS ON THIS SITE AND BY ALL RIGHTS TO FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN SOME PEOPLE FIND THE SOCIOPATHIC LIFE STYLE FACINATING AS OBVIOUSLY WOULD BE IMMITATING SAID CHARACTERSTICS THIS HAPPENS BUT THERE ARE A VERY FEW OF US WHOM ACTUALLY ARE NOT BY CHOICE BUT THROUGH GENETIC AND ENVIROMENTAL FACTORS THE CHOOSE FEW AS I SEE MAYBE I WAS BORN THIS WAY AND CONDITIONED THIS WAY BUT I AM NOT ASHAMED OF MY "DISORDER" i THINK PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT THERE EMOTIONS RULE THERE LIVES IT IS SO APPARENT THAT NOW WITH AN IQ TEST YOU HAVE TO TAKE AN EQ TEST BASICALLY SAYING THAT YOUR MIND HAS TWO PARTS WORKING FOR OR AGAINST EACH OTHER NEVER LEAVING YOU WHOLE. BUT WITH SOCIOPATHS THE EMOTIONAL LOAD IS LIFT AND IT GIVES THE MIND ITS TIME TO SHINE TO FUNCTION TO THE BEST OF ITS ABILITY AS A WHOLE ENTITY IN BLACK AND WHITE WITH OUT CLOUDING THINGS OUT IN THAT EMOTIONAL GREY AREA SO MAYBE FOR THE "SOUL" THIS IS A CURSE BUT FOR THE MIND THIS IS LIMITLESS ROOM FOR GROWTH NO BOUNDRIES TRULY SCIENTIFIC EXCELLENCE WHICH I CONSIDER A GIFT.

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

chrisbo347
yeah see this one sounds like an absolute poser fag
At the end of our conversation she turned to address you, the
reader. She said if you’re beginning to feel worried that you may be a psychopath, if you recognize some of those traits in yourself, if you’re feeling a creeping anxiety about it, that means you are not one.
The Psychology Test by Jon Ronson

you aren't sociopaths..you are naive and confused

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Fletch
David,

You say you would be hesitant to be an open book to a  shrink. I've always shared that feeling, and I'm curious if it's for the same reasons. For me, it's the following:

1. First and foremost: Telling a shrink everything I've done would be unwise.
2. I'm not convinced that I am capable of being completely honest with anyone. I usually find that I have to focus to tell the truth, and that my more natural state is telling people things they want to hear. If I did this, it would be a waste of time.
3. I don't really ...trust that they know what they are talking about. I mean, I've never been to a shrink, but I think that if they can't see through the lies that I would tell them, then their opinion of me doesn't mean much.

To everyone else,

I'm curious if any of you have ever had a MRI of your brain done. I have the opportunity to do so, but I question whether I want information like that to be available... in case I turned out to be lacking in certain areas of my brain. I feel that this could come back to haunt me eventually, but I am curious. I've heard that sociopaths show remarkable differences on such scans.

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

Diana
There was a person who used to be here who called themselves ManiaAzer s/he was a true Socio/psychopath, but they haven't been around for awhile, probably got board

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

DavidSocio01

Re: SOCIOPATHS read here

DavidSocio01