Mental Health Exam

yellodevil
For reasons unrelated to my actual mental health, my dumb ass recently offered to take a Mental Health assessment along with my mother but now I'm concerned that my 'diagnosis' may out me and I'd like to know if anyone has any pointers on how NOT to appear sociopathic in tests of this nature. Please advise, psychos!

Re: Mental Health Exam

Non Socio
So who would a diagnosis 'out you' to?  Possibly your mother if you are agreeing to joint assessment and discussion of results?  Any medical diagnosis can only be shared directly with you, unless you agree to that information being shared, due to patient confidentiality issues.  Even if a diagnosis was made and shared with your own doc, how likely is that to affect your functioning in the real world?  The only way I can think that it would become a risk to you is if you have children who could then be registered at risk from you.

Re: Mental Health Exam

JRochette
Even children can't become a registered risk unless you have a history of violence or emotional abuse (towards them), atleast in my area. None of your psych files can be released where I live. Furthermore written assessments are built with pitfalls to detect lying so if you try and lie it will show that. Then they will either deem that lying on the test to be part of the diagnosis if there isn't a reasonable explaination (such as messing up the order of questions for multiple choice answers in some assessments, however the test would most likely just be redone).