Love and the new Type

12

Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Oh, You Know
Some things I can add/alter

Gaining love
-have reasonable control over their emotions (I don't like "robots" unless they are socio)
-obedient to me, yet exhibiting free will elsewhere

Although I never really pinpointed where I stopped suppressing my nature for my most recent prize (the one whom I quite possibly "loved" in the greatest context a socio can), after reading this list I realize that she had all the criteria you mentioned. At least, I thought she did until later into the relationship when I realized she lacked one; the willingness to speak her mind about our problems. This frustrated me and it made me resent her just a bit, just enough to lose my desire to completely suppress my nature. It was all down hill from there.

Gained benefits
-i give them the right to decide anything about me i do not have a preference on (appearance, for example)
-willingness to destroy anyone they dislike on command (although that might just be because i like destroying people)

the new type sounds like a failed conversion to a sociopathy related condition. this probably isn't the case, just an easy comparison for the sake of dissecting their personality.

Similar traits: subconscious mimicry, indifferent to thoughts/actions any normal person would recoil from, different yet blending in, highest priorities trumping better judgement (I've personally destroyed many things I probably shouldn't have in pursuit of keeping the ideal prize).

Yet the rest can be chalked up to still having emotions, which is why I made the comparison to a "failed" conversion to sociopathy.

Any psychologist will tell you that most (if not all) disorders have degrees, and blending with other disorders.  Example, sociopathy can be manifested quite differently depending on what other underlying conditions are present.  Those also having depression may appear to have more emotions than a sociopath should.  Again, I believe partial sociopathy wouldn't explain this new type, but rather an overlapping disorder is likely at the source.

A more likely assumption is that it is interactions with another sociopath that creates this type. BPD is often manifested in victims of sociopathy for example. And, like BPD, this new type seems very much a match made in heaven for sociopaths.  I doubt the credibility of these theories, but perhaps enough people throwing their educated guesses into the mix will help us come up with an answer.

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Oh, You Know
I see. You have actual experience with this type, so seeing that you have also been considering the same thing I have makes it seem plausible that we are on the right track. In any case, I would very much like to meet one of these new types. They seem very appealing.

That is all that comes to mind at the moment, but I will be sure to add more if anything hits me at a later point.

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Oh, You Know
This line, "the detachment following intimacy is interesting in and of itself."  Reminded me of someone I encountered recently, and just like that, a eureka moment occurred.  The "new type" you are describing actually does remind me of someone I encountered.  The reason I wasn't able to recall encountering one was due to how brief the encounter was.

She came off as a low functioning sociopath to me.  She complained a lot about how poorly her exs have mistreated her, how guys "use her for sex" and the whole shebang.  We met twice prior to sex.  The funny thing is, what started the sexual encounter was me telling her that I am essentially the same as her guys; unloving, pure evil, and guided only by my desires.  I then told her about some encounters with women that I cannot share here.  She then proceeded to feign fear to purposefully arouse me, and we engaged in a brief game of cat and mouse followed by some incredible sex.

I thought surely I had found my next victim.  She had all the traits mentioned in your topic post and we seemed to really "hit it off."  Yet, the next time I saw her, she wanted nothing to do with me.  At first she blamed it on my "using her for sex," but when I claimed she was wrong, and that I had true feelings for her, she pulled away even more and said I was "obsessive."  I was sure not to come on too strong with the "true feelings" spiel; only suggesting that I feel a "connection" and wanted to see where it goes.  Her pulling away from the thought of it being just for sex made sense, but her pulling away even more when it was suggested to be intimate was baffling.  The rapport that we seemed to have the first two encounters was completely gone the next.  She seemed repulsed by me to a degree.  She fed the conversation with one/two word responses prior to the recoil responses, but she seemed completely dead to the former rapport.

I can't provide any advice as I clearly failed to fix the problem when I was faced with it.  Although, she only barely met my appearance requirements and her sudden loss of rapport made her seem far too much effort than she was worth.  If she hadn't reminded me so much of my former socio girlfriend, I likely wouldn't have tried at all once she seemed uninterested.

I found her to be quite confusing but ultimately undesirable.  Great for a fling, horrible for a long term victim.

Re: Love and the new Type

SoloPath

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Yes, I too came to the conclusion that the proverbial nail in the coffin was "confessing" feelings for her.  Interestingly enough, I was able to use this tid bit of information in a socio friend of mine's new girlfriend.  She seemed flighty and her actions not adding up to the information he had been feeding me about their relationship.  Her reactions were seemingly unrelated to the triggers.  So I wondered, and decided to test something.

I arranged a meeting with his new girlfriend and he agreed, despite his better judgement.  I played the role of the caring friend.  I was as kind as could be and never said anything bad about the friend.  Actually, I said the exact opposite.  I made little indications that the friend really likes her, more than he likes most girls.  Little things like saying "yeah, he normally doesn't refer to his girlfriends by name."  Nothing clearly saying "he is in love with you" or anything like that, but I made sure she felt like he had special feelings for her.

Sure enough, she broke up with him almost immediately. She didn't give a reason, she just broke up with him. I got her online and talked to her some more after they had broken up. We talked about how she wanted "something serious" out of a relationship and thought he was too young to be serious. I blatantly told her that he is incapable of anything serious and that he isn't worth her time. She got back with him.

Two tests, two successes.  Update: She does not fall into the nsocio category.  The new type, much like herself, seems fueled only by the challenge.  When I told her she won, she pulled away.  When I told her she didn't have a chance, she ran back to him.  It could be that the new type only cares about the challenge.

This would be supported by your suggestion that letting them think the feelings has passed might cause them to be susceptible to your actions again.

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Oh, You Know
This actually brings me back to an earlier point I tried to make to someone on here. Sometimes it is beneficial to reveal your intentions for the sake of getting the desired reaction. Although I couldn't have imagined that a situation and type ideal for this would present itself in a fellow socio so shortly after making my claim.

I agree with you, it could go either way. It just depends on how she processes the information being fed to her. It might be beneficial to study how she processes the information directly, as it may hold the key to how their mind actually works. We process information different than empaths, for example, so it is possible that how she processes your explanation could help us to understand if they have a logic based processor, or an emotionally based processor.

What you have determined thus far seems to be how they produce information (using logic), but not necessarily how they process incoming information. Normal females, for example, tend to process and produce information using emotions, where as guys tend to produce information using logic but process information both logically and emotionally (which is what allows normal guys to feel).

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

Oh, You Know
I look forward to reading your findings and hypothesis. I also hope to find more of this new type to conduct some of my own tests to help our research.

I tend to be a straight forward type as well. Likewise, people tend to respect my "brutal honesty." Many consider it my most admirable trait. It's funny that empaths fear being honest with others and even with them self because of how others will perceive them, when those that are true to them self are held in higher regard than those who are "better people" because they lie about who they truly are.

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

That is some very interesting findings. I've always though it was amusing that so many people "follow" and actively defend me regardless of my desire not to be followed or defended. In my youth I was a razor blade and the people around my undesired hairs. Despite my every attempt to cut them down and get rid of them, they stayed by my side, passionately defending their privilege of being in my presence. As I child I thought I was simply charismatic and a natural born leader, but I wasn't aware there was more to it.

I now realize that norms like abuse. Reading into sociopathy and bonds formed with emapths made me realize that my very nature is what keeps people around, whether I want them around or not. Small displays of affection make them think they are dear to an otherwise heartless person. It's very amusing that people try to always see the best in people, while completely ignoring the much more prevalent bad in them.

Re: Love and the new Type

Re: Love and the new Type

12