Let go or hold on?

Surprised
Hi

I'm a teenager and I was in a relationship with a possible sociopath for half a year. It's been 5 months since I broke up with him but we are still connected and are, a little bit of, best friends. I don't know if he is a sociopath or not. I researched on this topic and the signs match him.

He is the type of person who doesn't show a lot of emotions and wants power more than anything else. He has this charm, I don't even know what it is, which attracts SO many girls towards him. They go crazy for him and I must admit I still am. He's the only person i have met till now who can lie directly and confidently without the guilt of lying; that's a huge sign isn't it? He is the businessy type of person, always formal and rarely let's go of his facade. He is a Capricorn and these are also the capricorn traits so maybe it's my superstition that he is a sociopath.

 Also, what really attracts girls towards him is how he tells these "real life" experiences of his. They are clearly lies when you repeat it to someone else but just the way he says it, it's like you become hypnotized into believing its the truth. It may be, but you are never sure.

The first time I met him, I knew something was wrong with him and to figure out what it actually is, I got closer to him and before I knew it I fell in love with him. He seems crazy and possessive. I was scared by his behavior and frustrated by his continuous lies so I decided to break up with him. Anyways, there wasnt a single person who approved of him being my boyfriend.

But I don't why it's been so hard to let go. I dated many guys after him but I never got emotionally connected with them like I had been with him. I kept comparing them to him and he was always so much better than them. It led me to analyzing my decision again and again and over again. I still don't know what I should do. I still love him and he still loves me. Is he a sociopath? Is he dangerous to me and my future?

Should I hold on to him or let go?

Re: Let go or hold on?

Oh, You Know
"Anyways, there wasnt a single person who approved of him being my boyfriend. "

I love these situations above all others, at least for establishing a long term victim.  Creating an "us against them, love triumphs over all" sense of being inside an empath who stays with you despite everyone being against it is almost too easy.  Once it is done, the victim is entirely at the will of the socio, having already pushed aside all others opinions to take up the belief that "we belong together."  Empaths and their need to find happiness..

Whether or not you hold on to him is entirely up to you, but you are going to make the wrong decision. No offense intended.
EAL

Re: Let go or hold on?

EAL
If he really is sociopath you need to keep in mind that your feelings toward him may well be like having feelings for a mirage.  It is very real for you, but to him it may very well mean nothing no matter what he says to you .  That may be tough to get  your mind around, but his only motive may be to keep you thinking that the feelings are mutual, until he is bored with you, then he will just walk away like you are someone he just met on the street.