I think my kid is a sociopath

sarah
help

Re: I think my kid is a sociopath

Oh, You Know
As vague as that lovely story was, details please.

Why do you think your kid is a sociopath?  What kind of help are you looking for exactly?

Re: I think my kid is a sociopath

ALICE B
Maybe she's looking for a babysitter?

Re: I think my kid is a sociopath

Oh, You Know
I hope it pays well.

My former best friend has a socio/psycho son (far too early to determine), met him when he was 2yo, and he is increasingly more defiant ,physically and emotionally hostile (especially to his slightly older sister), and just all around proving from an early age that he will never bow before authority.  I suggest psychopathy because his behavior is dramatically contrasting of his 3 older sisters, and even his younger brother (who should, in theory, be the spitting image of him as that is the likely role model).  They have very well behaved kids, as well behaved as a house hold of 6 can be, but his influence is gradually, over the last year or two, beginning to effect everyone else in the household.  It is almost sad to see, really, as their family was once the ideal family.  Now it is starting to unravel, all by the hand of a small child socio/psycho.  And, in that light, it is quite beautiful.

Re: I think my kid is a sociopath

ALICE B
My ex's dad says that at age two he was already blaming his baby sister (in her crib) for breaking stuff. He wreaks chaos when he visits his charming, wealthy, WASP-y family. They say the minute he walks into their home, they brace for the worst, live in fear of his rage. You would probably like him . lol

Re: I think my kid is a sociopath

Non Socio
Sarah,

The simple answer is take your kid to a child psychiatrist and see if they diagnose a conduct disorder.