Any advice for victim of socio?

12

Any advice for victim of socio?

aSocioRuinedMe
Anyone have any advice for dealing with the aftereffects of a socio doing a huge mind (and life in general) fuck on me?  In addition to that he raped me several times and was pretty threatening.  You could call this an abusive "relationship", but there really was not any free will in it -- it was all majar manipulation and threats.

Asking this in a completely objective way: socios, do you care about your victims after you've ruined them (and I do mean ruined -- as in, so traumatized that they are not the same person and have seriously considered suicide)?  I'm pretty sure my socio would be thrilled at the idea of me committing suicide.  He ended up finally leaving me alone because I was "of no use to him anymore".  So I can't see a better ending for ruining a person than knowing that you led them to resort to complete and utter despair.  Or, that is my guess, at least.  Is this correct?

I am not trying to come across as judgmental to anyone.  I've realized from this blog and other research that sociopathy is the result of the brain lacking the ability to experience certain emotions.  I'm just wanting completely objective input/advice/suggestions/feedback/whatever.

Note: I am not seriously considering suicide anymore.  After going to a counselor, I was able to create a network of people to talk to when I feel extreme anxiety and depression.

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

Erin

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

aSocioRuinedMe
Sweet, looking forward to hearing your response

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

UKan
I took the liberty of reposting your response in the comment section of today's article, since nobody but this nutter Erin visits this. In the future that would be the best place to post anything you want a response to.

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

aSocioRuinedMe
Why thank you!

I like Erin, she's very supportive!

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

niceperson
you got sociopaths all wrong, they're very nice once you get to know them.

Thanks Kao, good point.  I have lots of trouble reading people, and the guilt card played on me works pretty well.  (Now that I've said that publicly, I'll be forced to make a conscious effort to fix it).  I can see where I'd be a good target for a socio b/c I'm so easy to play.  This has a large part to do with the family I grew up in.  I think my dad has narcissistic disorder, but he may have something else.  He was very emotionally and sometimes physically abusive, and he was extremely black and white -- we (us kids) were supposed to take everything he said as absolute truth and obey it blindly, or else severe consequences were dealt out.  Anyways, growing up with that mentality made it so that I was/still am afraid to question other people's words, especially if they speak confidently or in a domineering sort of way.

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

Sam Vaknin
while you start doing them question why you are doing it, and who benefits from it.  if the answer upsets you then just stop doing whatever it is.

Some of the sagest, yet simplest, advice I've seen around these parts.

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

LAGO
MY HUSBAND IS SOCIOPATH. I  DIDN'T KNOW MARRIED ONLY 6 MONTHS I WAS VERY  HAPPY UNTIL HE FLIP OUT, DRINKS ALOT, PT GUN AT ME. AND LIED AND  AND ABANDONED ME  UGH!!!  NOW I HAVETO RECOVER.ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS  AND I FEEL I WILL NEVER GET OVER THE EMOTIONAL UPSETTMENT THE LIES FOUND OUT I WAS # 6 WIFE!!!!!! I COULD ON AND ON. IAM IN THERAPY BUT SO SAD INSIDE THAT A MAN COULD TELL U HE LOVES U MARRYS AND WHEN I FOUND OUT ABOUT HIS PAST  AND LIES HE DISPPEARED. NOT CONTACT, NOTHING?????????????? HAD TO WRITE YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

M@

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

M@

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

Erin

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

coolhandluke

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

coolhandluke

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

Erin

Re: Any advice for victim of socio?

Dirahkei
Wow.
This is the sort of thing that is pounced on in public forums. That is actually very hot. Fancy a challenge? :P