Anti-bullying social networking videos

JRochette
In my region there have been videos going around with bullied kids writting their traumas down on flash cards and recording this and posting on the web for bully awareness.

Here is my view on this:
1. Empaths are extremely vulnerable
2. Peoplehave some extremely shitty tastes in "sad music"
3. Empaths struggle with their emotions so much that they can't speak about their trauma and must write it down on terrible 5x11 flashcards that are barely visible on camera. Furthermore, the people in these videos often times have terrible writting skills.
4. Why are they crying while showing these flash card? Dramatic effect?
5. REALLY shitty music
6. Why are you showing us flashcards when you are putting it on youtube? Use movie maker or annotations so I can atleast read your whinning. Better yet, write it all in text so I don't need to see you or hear your shitty taste in music.
7. Some people are extremely spineless, no wonder they are so easily controlled
8. If you have been thinking about suicide since 10 and planning it since 11 and you are 18 at the time of the recording and you still feel this way either A) You are lieing or B) you are not trying hard enough to kill yourself
9. People want to off themselves for the everything. They are little balls of depressed emotion waiting to explode. Say anything that isn't a compliment and BAM slit wrists.
10. Society is incredably pampered. If it isn't a compliment it is an insult
11. Depressed kids are the real narcs out there. They feel as though the world's hate revolves around them. When in reality they need to realize that they are a worthless speck and in no way are they important enough to attract the hate of people.
12. People don't hate for no reason. Either A) you did something to piss them off or B) they are projecting (if they are empaths) getting their jollies (nonempaths) either way refer to point 11, in no way is the one being bullied hated nor important enough to attract said hate.
13.  At this point I would bully half of these kids as payback for making me sit through pointless shitty music and the other half because they are so vulnerable they are begging for it.
14. One of the kids looked so funny I actually thought it was a joke video. Then the kid had a mental breakdown on camera which I thought was sufficiantly hilarious.
15. Bullying is serious business.

In conclusion:

I will never get part of my life back because I wasted it on those videos. I think that the people being bullied are the real bullies and they hate me. I'm self important and all the worlds problems are my fault.

*offs himself*

Seriously though, avoid these videos unless it is a guarenteed mental breakdown, that shit was pretty funny.

Re: Anti-bullying social networking videos

Re: Anti-bullying social networking videos

8 brings up an interesting point; suicide.  I think it is perfectly healthy, for the whole, and should be encouraged.  The weak should make room and save resources for the strong.  I think consistently thinking about, and planning, suicide is largely a waste of energy.  If you are going to do it, you should do it.  Everyone ponders suicide, but only the weak-willed dwell on it and don't take action one way or the other.

I never understood people getting hurt over what others say.  I've always told everyone that the only opinion that matters is my own (amusingly, I usually say that when referring to my opinion of them).  It's a simple rule that everyone capable of inward reflection should follow.

I was bullied once; only one guy was like me enough that he didn't fear the risk of columbine-worthy repercussions (because I'm that type apparently).  I didn't find it so terrible.  He slapped me around a bit (no worse than family does when playing), heckled me over obvious shortcomings, and failed to get me to sit in a puddle of icy water.  Oh, the nightmares.

People really need to lighten up, I found his bullying quite entertaining because I had always wondered what it was like to be bullied.  While, I'm sure there are much worse bullies, I can't imagine it being so bad that you would want to end your own life instead of theirs.  Eye for an eye and what not.  Personally I didn't care to be bothered with revenge as I didn't mind the bullying anyway.

I bullied my youngest cousin all his childhood to toughen him up for the real world.  He can kick my ass now.  I believe that was a positive point for bullying.

I was bullied as a youth and picked up a powerful new skill; the art of intimidation.  I'm still up on the fences about whether or not bullying is bad.  Until then, kids will be kids.

Re: Anti-bullying social networking videos

Non Socio
I hate those videos too!

One of my friends did kill herself, and it did take her a few goes.  I'm not sure how many years she'd been considering it, but that's the point, she didn't go around whining about wanting to do it and trying to make everyone else feel bad about it.

I did find out a few of the factors that led to it, and one person in particular paid for it, courtesy of me.  I can say I did her proud every time I'm unfortunate to bump into said person and see the train wreck his life has become.

They need to remember the phrase 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.'

My kid is often a would be target for older kids, probably because he looks older than he is, but they home in on the fact that he's emotionally younger than them and are usually aware of his actual age.  It becomes their mistake when he uses his size and strength to rectify the situation, despite his knowledge that they are 5 or 6 years older.