Annoyances

12

Annoyances

I have noticed from reading these threads that the other socios here tend to be annoyed by a lot of the same things as I do, so I wonder, what exactly is everyone annoyed by? If you aren't a sociopath don't bother posting in this thread as it will make the data less accurate.

Stupid people  -  I must imagine everyone dislikes them because they are the bottom of the evolutionary chain, but I literally cannot stand them.  Their very presence makes me want to commit murder.  As of yet I haven't done it, but I've been close.

Narcissists and Psychopaths  -  Yes. I realize they are very different things, but hear me out.  I am a firm believer that you shouldn't have an unfounded sense of self.  Sociopath tend to have a high sense of self because it has been "proven" to us.  We are smarter, craftier, and designed for winning.  Narcs and psychos don't "access" anything, they just "assume" they are great.  When someone claims to be superior to me when they quite possibly could be, I learn all I can from them.  When someone claims to be superior to me when they clearly are not, it makes me want to destroy them.
Side note: Have you ever proven a narc is wrong, to the narc?  I have.  It didn't stick of course, but for that brief moment before they blocked out this wisdom, they acknowledged that they "might be" wrong about the topic.

Extreme empaths  -  My beef with empaths in general should be pretty obvious; they are held back by their emotions.  Extreme empaths just take that to the next level, like crying because they knocked over a glass of milk, or going suicidal because their mom called them a bad name.  Revolting.

Weak authority  -  All humans have a subconscious hatred for being told what to do, but I'm not talking about authority in general, but weak authority.  For example, the U.S. government.  We have over crowded prisons and likely the highest re-offender rate in most of the relevant world.  What is it, 2 out of 3 juveniles re-offend after being released?  I can't recall exactly, but I know the re-offender rate for prison is much, much higher.  This leads me to my point, weak authority is worse than no authority.  If you cannot do your job, namely controlling the population, then you do not deserve to have power.  It sickens me to see that the "world power" claims to be the best, yet can't even control their own people.  Pathetic and useless.  I refuse to obey, to any degree, any authority figure that cannot rule with an iron fist.

Interruptions while eating  -  Want to know a really easy way to get me, an otherwise peaceful person, to lash out at you?  Touch my fucking plate while I'm eating.  I don't care if it is to steal some of my food, or to give me some of yours.  I feel an immediate rage any time someone disturbs me while I'm eating.  This extends beyond just directly messing with my plate, silverware, food.  I have verbally lashed out many times at people for asking me to do something while I am in the process of eating.  I would literally much rather someone interrupt me during sex.

I'm sure I could extend this list quite a bit myself, but this is the major ones currently coming to mind.  I look forward to other contributions; does these things bother you? does other things bother you more/as much?  For the sake of pointing out the obvious, don't point out the obvious.  We are sociopath, and as such being annoyed by insubordination of victims goes without saying.

Re: Annoyances

Re: Annoyances

SoloPath

Re: Annoyances

Oh, You Know
Solo, I find you being annoyed by ignorance to be quite ironic.

Despite you lacking the requirements needed to contribute to this thread, you bring up a good point to be added to the list.

People that cannot take what they dish out  -  These people inaccurately boast a proud and confident personality, yet show how fragile and pathetic they are when the shoe is on the other foot.  I love insulting people, in part, because I enjoy their responses.  Namely, being insulted back.  The more personal and offensive they make it, the better.  I love those lines that cut so deep that even your otherwise emotionless demeanor is cut into.  To have your very nature and beliefs called out and defaced, it is a beautiful thing to be sure.  Those that don't have the willpower to withstand the repercussions of their offensive nature do not deserve the right to indulge in it them self.

Re: Annoyances

SoloPath

Re: Annoyances

Oh, You Know
Do you realize that you discredit yourself the more you speak?

Regardless, I am not trying to make you feel like you don't belong. Nor have you offended/angered me in even the slightest way. I believe you are jumping to conclusions in a futile attempt to make yourself look good. But the truth is, I simply do not care if you are or aren't offended by what I say. I am simply correcting you and stating things in the blunt, unedited way that I state everything. Like it or don't. Not my problem.

So sorry if you mistook my desire to clear up your misinformation for those less knowledgeable who might be browsing this site, as an attack.

I take knowledge very seriously, and anyone who unintentionally misinforms the masses is just as destructive as someone who willfully does it.

Re: Annoyances

Re: Annoyances

SoloPath

Re: Annoyances

JRochette
Small talk, this one is huge. If you don't have information that will benefit me in any way whatsoever then why are they speaking to me? If they want to hear themselves speak then they should put their voice on an MP3 player but I don't want them try and make a conversation out of pointless garbage, I have better things to put my mind to.

Being disturbed while I'm eating really depends. I dislike being rushed by other people so it gets me going if they try and do that. Along with this goes small talk. I rarely ever eat with my family and never really did growing up. One thing that I have learned is that no-one can have a real conversation at the dinner table, it is all small talk.

If they are telling me a story get to the point, I don't need to hear what ______ had for breakfast today.

Keeping beat with hands, pencils, whatever. I don't really care if they are doing it but atleast keep time. 4/4 isn't difficult...

If I am discussing ideas with someone and they put forth a basic idea that I wrote off as common sense and they expect praise for it. I thought of it a half hour ago, added those variables into the equation and already solved that problem as to avoid hearing their terrible ideas and still I hear them opening their mouths, get past step 1 and think. (This happened quite a bit in highschool chem and bio classes, most of the population should not be in academics)

If the person is 3+ steps behind me in either action or train of thought. What I'm explaining/ doing is NOT very difficult. Listen and keep up.

If I have explained a basic concept 10 times and you say that you still don't understand.

Ignorance. If I prove something to someone using solid data then they better believe it.

That is my list of pet peeves. I control the outbursts more now that I am older but the same scenes go through my head.

Re: Annoyances

Non Socio
OYK, Yes, I know you said DON'T post here if you are not a sociopath, and I was going to respect that.  However, I would just like Solo to determine what they mean by 'too strong a handshake on first meeting.'

I will shake a persons hand on first meeting whenever possible.  If it is a weak handshake they automatically tick my criteria of weak, no self confidence, never going to be much use to me.

If you mean too strong a handshake in the sense of pumping your hand up and down and grinning like a circus clown, then I understand.  If it is strong, confident etc I'm usually right that they may be of some use/have an opinion worth valuing.

Anyway, just to reiterate, I am NOT a socio (the clue is in my name), and those of you of high intelligence will have no problems extrapolating the correct data regardless of my post.

Re: Annoyances

SoloPath

Re: Annoyances

Oh, You Know
@JRochette  I couldn't agree more about the small talk thing. I've always been told I'm the "quiet type" because I don't feel compelled to partake in the mindless dribble of the masses. I speak only when there is purpose. If I have an intelligent contribution to an intelligent conversation, I will take part. Otherwise I am a shadow in the room, absorbing all the information being exchanged, and throwing away 99% of it after deeming it useless.

@SoloPath "it's like showing up to play chess and your opponent hits you on the head with a hammer" That had me cracking up. Kudos.

People who make presumptions in the form of fact without presenting supporting evidence is a pet peeve of mine as well to be sure. Nothing spells our ignorance like stating you know something yet having no idea how you came to that conclusion. Note: Mainstream Christianity. They don't even believe what the Bible says, and keep their own contradicting beliefs on the subject even after reading they were wrong in their Bible. Which brings me to my next annoyance.

Blind faith  -  Faith is important. Even if you aren't religious, you are (provided you have any intelligence at all) deathly aware of it's role in society. Law and religion; the only two things keeping "civilized" society, well, civilized.  But there is a point were it goes from "crowd control" to "plain stupid."  Those that are so insanely convicted in their beliefs that they would strap a bomb to themselves and blow up their own people because their superior told them to, do not deserve the right to live, let alone decide the fate of the potentially stronger willed masses.  Faith should never trump good judgement.

Re: Annoyances

People who ask questions with obvious answers  -  I have to deal with this far too much. Whether it is being asked "you're tired?" when laying down, or "you're hungry?" when you are eating, it irks me to be asked questions with obvious answers. Is it really so hard to make conversation that they feel it necessary to make small talk about things without a logical response or reason for asking? I have no idea how it would be possible to respond to these questions without a thick layer of sarcasm or maliciousness. When I am feeling nice, I simply reply "That's usually why you eat.." and resume eating in hopes that conversation will end there. Often enough, it does. I suppose lacking any depth would make it hard to converse about something that isn't deathly obvious, so after these pointless one liners there is nothing left to say.

Re: Annoyances

SoloPath

Re: Annoyances

JRochette
@O,YK

That "obvious answers" point slipped by my initial tyrade but it would also fall into my list.

Another thing I find annoying is that so many people portray these annoyances that I see as weaknesses and therefore I don't really want them as my toys anyways. Furthermore, having to mirror a person with these tendancies, it is like nails on a chalkboard as you feel your IQ pouring out of your ears while trying to portray something so lowly.

Re: Annoyances

@JR I agree. I don't even bother mirroring them, but rather act like the intelligent being that I am while doing my best to visibly seem lacking the urge to strangle them. I don't manipulate the weak minded because there is no sport in it and (equally) because I refuse to mirror idiocy. I mirror only when it is beneficial to me, and only tolerate ignorance when necessary. Although mirroring is a subconscious decision often enough, so that is likely why I consciously surround myself with intelligent marks and develop rapport only with those I view as worthy of it.

I tried mirroring idiots as a child and, well, nails on a chalkboard is a very good description of how it felt to do it. Finally I said 'fuck it' and started verbally cutting into the idiots and expressing my dominance over them. Eventually the feeble minded were driven away, and I was left with only the strong willed and intelligent people that could handle my abuse. I had a very loyal group of associates throughout my later years of school because of this.

Re: Annoyances

SoloPath

Re: Annoyances

JRochette
@OYK

This is a little off topic but you mentioned that mirroring was sub-conscious for you. Is this normal among "us"? I have noticed that I swap personality traits fast if I change my group setting multiple times a day and I actually need to think about mirroring to remember I'm doing it. Same thing goes for lying (I guess you could say that goes hand in hand with mirroring) as well as emotional analysis of others. Thanks for any info on this as I am still figuring out how I tick.

I agree about the "nails on a chalkboard"-esque feeling however I currently take what I can find as the manipulation I have been doing lately is more like tests. Figuring out different ways of manipulation/working the "manipulation muscle" as opposed to manipulating for some type of profit (other than intellectual gain).

Re: Annoyances

Re: Annoyances

@JR  Yes mirroring is second nature for our kind. It's mostly done without our knowing because of our brains awareness of it's necessity. Whether we know it or not, our physical responses (facial expressions, for example) react to those around us. If someone laughs, we laugh. If someone smiles at us, we smile back. We would be noticed right away if we didn't. Sense we lack most normal feelings we would stand out like a sore thumb if we only emoted when we felt something.

Lying is not a sociopathic characteristic so much as it is human nature.  Dr. House says it best, "Everybody lies."
12